Other Trauma-Related Research & Books
Other Related Research on Trauma | Neurobiology:
- "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Identification and Diagnosis", by Babette Rothschild, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.
- "The Neurobiology of Trauma and the Developing Brain in Childhood", by Louise Maxfield
- "Understanding and Treating Traumatic Bonds", by Teresa Descilo, M.S.W., C.T.S.
- "Neurobiological Sequelae of Childhood Trauma: Post-traumatic Stress Disorders in Children", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Childhood Trauma, the Neurobiology of Adaptation and Use-dependent Development of the Brain: How States become Traits", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Incubated in Terror: Neurodevelopmental Factors in the 'Cycle of Violence'", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Memories of Fear: How the Brain Stores and Retrieves Physiologic States, Feelings, Behaviors and Thoughts from Traumatic Events", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "The Contribution of Early Traumatic Events to Schizophrenia in Some Patients: A Traumagenic Neurodevelopmental Model", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Examining Child Maltreatment Through a Neurodevelopmental Lens: Clinical Applications of the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Traumatized Children: How Childhood Trauma Influences Brain Development", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Neurodevelopmental Adaptations To Violence: How Children Survive The Intragenerational Vortex Of Violence
", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Anxiety Disorders", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Bonding and Attachment in Maltreated Children: How Abuse and Neglect in Childhood Impact Social and Emotional Development", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D. [CIVITAS Academy Caregiver Education Series]
- "The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics ", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- "The Child's Loss - Death, Grief and Mourning: How Caregivers Can Help Children Exposed to Traumatic Death", by Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D. [CIVITAS Academy Caregiver Education Series]
- "Noradrenergic Dysfunction and the Pharmacology of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder", by J. R. Strawn, M.D., T. D. Geracioti, Jr., M.D.
- "Psychophysiologic Effect of Post-retrieval Propanolol on Traumatic Memories in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder", International Journal Of Victimology, Vol.5-2, January 2007
- "The Body Keeps the
Score: Memory and the Evolving Psychobiology of Post-traumatic Stress", by Bessel van der
- "Dissociation and the
Fragmentary Nature of Traumatic Memories", by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- "The Art and Science of Caring for Others without Forgetting Self-Care", by Charles Figley, Ph.D. [a new article on "compassion fatigue", or secondary traumatic stress, by the founder of the Green Cross Academy of Traumatology]
- "Psychobiology of Trauma", by Emily Spence Diehl, M.S.W.
- "The Limbic System: Center of Emotions"
Other Recommended Books | Trauma:
- "Trauma and Recovery", by Judith Herman, M.D.
- "Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body and Society", Bessel van der Kolk, M.D., Alexander McFarlane, M.D., and Lars Weisath, M.D., Ph.D., Editors
- "Dibs in Search of Self", by Virginia Axline
- "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers", by Robert Sapolsky
- "The Growth of the Mind", by Stanley Greenspan, M.D.
- "Attachment and Loss", by John Bowlby, M.D.
- "Trauma and Its Wake : The Study and Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder" (Brunner Mazel Psychosocial Stress, Vol 4), by Charles R. Figley, Ph.D., (Editor)
- "Compassion Fatigue: Coping With Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorder in Those Who Treat the Traumatized" (Psychosocial Stress, No 23), by Charles R. Figley, Ph.D., (Editor)
- "Helping Traumatized Families" (Social and Behavioral Science Series), by Charles R. Figley
- "Burnout in Families: The Systemic Costs of Caring" (Innovations in Psychology), by Charles R., Ph.D. Figley (Editor)
- "Death and Trauma: The Traumatology of Grieving" (Series in Trauma and Loss), by Charles R. Figley, Brian E. Bride, Nicholas Mazza (Editors)
- "Children and Grief : When a Parent Dies" , by J. William Worden